Stories indexed under: Division of International Studies
- UW set to receive, screen classic Taiwanese films April 3, 2013 The screenings of two classic features directed by King Hu, a landmark figure in world cinema, mark the latest donations to the unique collection of celebrated Taiwanese films at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- UW faculty, students aid African conservation efforts July 24, 2012 Faculty and students from the University of Wisconsin–Madison will lend their expertise to conservation efforts in central Africa as the first university member of the Congo Basin Forest Partnership.
- UW-Madison reaches 3,000 in total Peace Corps volunteers produced Jan. 25, 2012 The University of Wisconsin-Madison this year ranks third among large universities nationwide in the number of alumni currently serving as Peace Corps volunteers, up from eighth last year.
- High school students of Arabic visit UW-Madison Dec. 6, 2010 A campus visit on Wednesday, Dec. 8, by 30 high school students of Arabic will unite a U.S. Department of State program and several language and culture initiatives at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Students plan trip along area rivers to promote ‘campfire diplomacy’ May 14, 2010 A pair of University of Wisconsin-Madison sophomores have organized a three-day bus trip for more than 40 Chinese and U.S. students this weekend, aiming to bring together people from the world's superpowers through what they call "campfire diplomacy."
- Leadership decisions address international reach, environmental studies and lifelong learning May 5, 2010 The University of Wisconsin-Madison’s dean of international studies will now also head the university’s globalization efforts.
- Global Health Certificate program celebrates first graduates, welcomes new students Jan. 15, 2009 Last September, 40 or so students, faculty, and staff gathered in a small conference room of the Health Sciences Learning Center for what Cindy Haq, director of the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Center for Global Health, called "a very special occasion."
- Program brings students to Washington, D.C., for global experiences Nov. 15, 2007 The phrase "once a Badger, always a Badger" often applies to alumni's continued support of University of Wisconsin-Madison athletics after graduation, but in the case of at least one academic program, the Washington, D.C., Undergraduate Semester in International Affairs in the Division of International Studies, it has meant much more.
- ‘World Beyond Our Borders’ highlights international books Sept. 5, 2007 From oral traditions in northern Europe to modern Turkish-German novels, from an anthropologist's memoir of India to Kissinger's impact on the last century, this fall's "World Beyond Our Borders" series offers a lively and eclectic mix of new work by UW-Madison faculty.
- Korean studies initiative advances with major grant June 1, 2007 The Korean studies initiative at the University of Wisconsin-Madison will be significantly expanded thanks to a $750,000 grant from the Korea Foundation, the Division of International Studies, the College of Letters and Science, and Center for East Asian Studies announced today.