Vice chancellor named to task force studying UW System
Oct. 10, 2011
The membership of a task force to study the UW System’s structure and possible administrative flexibilities was completed Monday when Gov. Scott Walker named its final two members, including UW–Madison Vice Chancellor Darrell Bazzell.
Bazzell is the university’s chief financial officer and is responsible for the overall supervision of the university’s administrative functions.
In addition, the governor appointed David Olien, a UW System senior vice president emeritus who has more than 30 years of administrative experience here and with the University of Illinois.
The Special Task Force on University of Wisconsin Restructuring and Operational Flexibilities will study the system’s governance structure and recommend changes to university practices.
Last week, the co-chairs of the Legislature’s Joint Finance Committee — Sen. Alberta Darling and Rep. Robin Vos — named Board of Regents member Michael Falbo to chair the panel.
Falbo told regents meeting in Green Bay last week that his role with the task force is to “produce an outcome that represents and supports the goals and objectives of the UW System, to maintain our status as one of the best systems in the country and continue to improve.”
Also named to the panel by legislative leaders were:
- Joe Alexander, a former student regent
- Joanne Brandes, Carroll University board of directors member and former regent
- Ray Cross, chancellor of UW Colleges and Extension
- State Rep. Steve Doyle
- State Sen. Sheila Harsdorf
- Tim Higgins, a small business owner
- State Sen. Chris Larson
- Former regent Fred Mohs
- State Rep. Steve Nass
- Renee Ramirez, former chair of the Wisconsin Alumni Association
- UW-Platteville Chancellor Dennis Shields
- State Rep. Pat Strachota
- Mark Tyler, president of the Wisconsin Technical College System Board and
- UW–Oshkosh Chancellor Richard Wells.