Stories indexed under: University administration
Total: 16 RSS feed
- Horn named RecSports director May 24, 2013 John Horn has been named director of the Division of Recreational Sports at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Darrell Bazzell announced today.
- Roberts to add year as Pharmacy dean May 14, 2013 Jeanette Roberts has agreed to remain dean of the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Pharmacy into 2014, adding to 10 years of successful leadership of one of the oldest and most highly regarded schools in the field.
- Retiring Berg looks forward to a future of mystery May 14, 2013 If Joanne Berg’s career history were to be summed up in a mystery book title, it might be called “The Case of the Woman Who Wore Many Hats.”
- New awards program to recognize administrative work May 14, 2013 Do you know someone who has streamlined a process, saved a department time or money, or contributed in an outstanding way to a process or service improvement? They just may be candidates for a new awards program that focuses on administrative achievement at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Letters & Science finalists to conduct presentations May 2, 2013 Finalists for dean of the College of Letters & Science will conduct public presentations and question and answer sessions ahead of the end of the semester.
- Three vie to lead RecSports May 2, 2013 Three finalists have been selected in the search for a new director of recreational sports at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Darrell Bazzell announced today.
- Bousquet to return to faculty; Podestá continues in interim role April 30, 2013 Gilles Bousquet, dean of international studies and vice provost for globalization at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will rejoin the university’s faculty in July after taking leave to serve as UW-Eau Claire’s interim chancellor during the 2012-13 academic year.
- Finalists announced for dean of Letters & Science April 29, 2013 Three University of Wisconsin-Madison professors, along with a fourth candidate who taught at UW-Madison for 18 years, have been named finalists for the position of dean of the College of Letters & Science, UW-Madison's largest academic unit.
- Statement by Chancellor Ward on UW fund balances April 25, 2013 It is likely you have seen or heard media reports about the fund balances that the University of Wisconsin System carries and the discussion among legislative leaders and others about those balances. I would like to explain how this issue relates to our campus, and how maintaining balances helps UW-Madison succeed in our academic and research missions.
- Schroeder named Graduate School associate dean April 23, 2013 Petra Schroeder, who has served since 2000 as assistant dean for research services in the Graduate School, has been named associate dean for administration.
- Legal affairs vice chancellor search under way April 4, 2013 A 14-member search and screen committee has been formed to identify and select candidates for the position of vice chancellor for legal affairs at UW–Madison.
- Tribune executive to become risk management director March 14, 2013 Cara Leeman, director of risk management at the Tribune Company in Chicago, Ill., has been selected as the new director of Risk Management at UW-Madison, Division of Business Services.
- Van Gemert named to lead UW-Madison libraries Jan. 22, 2013 Ed Van Gemert, who has served as interim director of the General Library System at the University of Wisconsin-Madison since December of 2011, has been selected to lead the system on a permanent basis. His title will be Vice Provost for Libraries and University Librarian.
- Top lawyer takes Amherst College job Jan. 15, 2013 Lisa Rutherford, the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s top lawyer, has been named chief policy officer and general counsel at Amherst College in Massachusetts.
- Chancellor search and screen committee to hold Nov. 7 forum Nov. 2, 2012 What qualities would you like to see in the next chancellor of the University of Wisconsin-Madison? The committee tasked with identifying the best candidates to become the campus's new leader wants to know.
- Finalists, visit dates announced for university librarian Oct. 30, 2012 Four finalists for the position of Vice Provost for Libraries and University Librarian at the University of Wisconsin–Madison will visit campus over the next six weeks, meeting with campus and community constituencies and participating in a series of public presentations.