Stories indexed under: Study abroad
Total: 11 RSS feed
- UW-Madison ranks ninth nationally in study abroad participation Nov. 17, 2014 The University of Wisconsin-Madison ranks ninth among U.S. universities and colleges in the number of students who studied abroad in 2012-13, with 2,157 students earning academic credit outside the country, according to the 2014 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange. This marks the eighth consecutive year that UW-Madison has been among the top 10.
- UW Global Gateway offers funded, short–term study abroad opportunities Dec. 3, 2013 Students at the University of Wisconsin–Madison who are curious about studying abroad, but still reluctant about plunging into an overseas experience will have a new way to test international waters, starting next summer.
- UW-Madison ranks sixth in study abroad Nov. 11, 2013 The University of Wisconsin-Madison ranked sixth among U.S. universities and colleges in the number of students studying abroad in 2011-12, with 2,149 students earning academic credit outside of the United States, according to the 2013 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange.
- International Education Week events showcase UW–Madison’s global tradition Nov. 6, 2013 The University of Wisconsin–Madison has a long, distinguished history of international engagement and producing globally talented graduates who create better lives for people in the state and around the world. International Education Week, November 11-15, will provide an opportunity to highlight and celebrate the university community’s ongoing commitment to that tradition.
- All UW-Madison students in Chile safe Feb. 27, 2010 UW-Madison has confirmed the safety of all of its students studying in Chile in the wake of the massive earthquake. International Academic Programs has a total of 24 students in its program at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile in Santiago (12 UW-Madison undergraduate students; 12 University Michigan students), with three additional students studying elsewhere in Santiago with programs affiliated with the Wisconsin School of Business (1) and the College of Engineering (2).
- UW-Madison in top 10 in national study-abroad ranking Nov. 17, 2009 Record numbers of University of Wisconsin-Madison students are earning some of their academic credit abroad, with a participation rate that far exceeds the national average. What is more, they are increasingly choosing to study in previously non-traditional destinations such as China and India.
- UW-Madison lifts advisory against travel to Mexico May 26, 2009 Based on the recommendation of the International Emergency Response Committee (IERC), UW-Madison Chancellor Biddy Martin has lifted the campus advisory on nonessential travel to Mexico.
- UW-Madison study abroad numbers jump to top 10 Nov. 17, 2008 Record numbers of University of Wisconsin-Madison students are earning some of their academic credit abroad, an increase that far exceeds the national average.
- New blog chronicles global reach of students, faculty Nov. 11, 2008 To celebrate International Education Week (Nov. 17-21), the Division of International Studies has launched its Badgers Abroad Blog, an easy-to-access, searchable compendium of UW-Madison's presence around the world.
- Students invited to join orphanage outreach program in Dominican Republic Oct. 15, 2008 Deadlines are approaching for UW-Madison students to sign up for Orphanage Outreach, a program that offers semester abroad and alternative break opportunities.
- International Studies receives $100,000 gift for study abroad Feb. 20, 2007 More University of Wisconsin-Madison students will be able to study abroad on yearlong programs, thanks to a substantial gift from the Pritzker Pucker Family Foundation, the Division of International Studies announced.