Stories indexed under: Inventions
- WARF Innovation Award winners offer a better oat, infection disrupter Oct. 18, 2013 A new oat offering tasty ways to lower cholesterol and compounds capable of disrupting serious bacterial infections earned top honors in this year's Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation Innovation Awards program.
- Creative energy harvest and storage ideas top Energy and Sustainability competition April 18, 2013 Rest a laptop computer on your lap for any length of time and you'll quickly appreciate how much heat it generates.
- Innovation Days showcases undergrad entrepreneurship Feb. 4, 2013 Displaying more than a dozen inventions that could prove useful for individuals, workplaces or even entire manufacturing processes, University of Wisconsin-Madison undergraduate students will square off in a matchup of creativity, resourcefulness and craftsmanship during the annual UW-Madison Innovation Days competitions, held Feb. 7 and 8 on the UW-Madison engineering campus.
- Wisconsin scientists honored for records of invention Jan. 18, 2013 Four University of Wisconsin-Madison faculty members - Hector DeLuca, James Dahlberg, Thomas Lipo and Max Lagally - are among 101 innovators elected to the charter class of the National Academy of Inventors (NAI).
- Competitive prizes help move printable prosthetic hand closer to market Dec. 12, 2012 With an inexpensive, body-powered prosthetic that replicates an amputee's lost hand, a University of Wisconsin-Madison mechanical engineering student earned second place in the undergraduate division of the 2012 National Collegiate Inventors Competition, held in Washington, D.C., in November.